Clinical Program Manager
HD Reach is a nonprofit dedicated to serving North Carolinians affected by Huntington’s disease, a genetic and progressive neurological disease. HD Reach is a leading organization in the care of HD patients, with an innovative family service model designed to help families receive the expert care they need to live well with the disease. We are currently seeking a program manager to lead our clinical programs and social workers.
The Clinical Program Manager is a new leadership role in HD Reach, with the responsibility for developing, leading, and executing HD Reach programs which include outreach, family services, community building, educational programs, and networking. HD Reach social workers assure coordinated care for the client by participating in collaborative multidisciplinary teams that may include tertiary care HD centers, community healthcare providers, and local organizations. The Clinical Program Manager oversees HD Reach social workers across the state and ensures high quality programs and client services. S/he will be responsible for the delivery of clinical services to the Triangle region HD community. The position will be 50% program leadership and 50% clinical social work practice.
Posting Date: February 20, 2017
Full Time, Exempt. Reports to Executive Director with collaboration with the Medical Director and Medical Advisory Committee.
- Lead all HD Reach programs serving the Huntington’s disease community in North Carolina.
- Manage and evaluate program effectiveness and recommend quality improvement initiatives.
- Directly supervise all social workers in the execution of their assigned duties and adherence to administrative and programmatic policies, procedures, and HD Reach standards.
- Provide program services for the Triangle region, including but not limited to, case management, support group facilitation, and attendance at the Duke HD Clinic.
- Document all patient encounters, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, referrals, outreach, and follow-up in a timely manner and in accordance with standard professional practice.
- Act as a liaison and advocate for patients and families to health care providers, community agencies, and other staff to ensure client access to local and state services.
- Participate in regular clinical meetings and staff meetings.
Our ideal candidate possesses the desire to be part of a motivated, entrepreneurial group that embraces a creative learning environment, openly shares ideas, and thinks strategically.
S/he realizes the importance of sound business practices which include thoughtful planning, prudent time management, and rapt attention to detail. S/he will create efficient work processes that flow with a clinical practice.
The ideal candidate will understand and appreciate the power of collaboration and partnerships, and should approach the clinical environment with care, compassion, and hope for each and every individual served.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required
- Three to five years’ experience in clinical social work or related field
- One year of clinical supervisory experience
- Experience in working with individuals with mental illness
- Strong organizational skills
- Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to meet the demands of a growing and innovative nonprofit
- Experience with neurological diseases preferred but not required
Education and Licensure
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or similar field
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or similar clinical licensure in North Carolina
Total Compensation & Benefits
- Two weeks of paid annual vacation
- Eight paid holidays per year
- Five paid personal days per year
- $5,000 Health insurance stipend
- Salary commensurate with experience
*HD Reach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other categories protected by law.
To apply, send a resume, three references, evidence of licensure in North Carolina, and a cover letter to Ann Lassiter at email@example.com.